The Roxy & Rich Workshops
Do you have any questions about how to use our food colours? No worries!
Our step-by-step workshops will guide you in creating masterpieces, small and big!
How to use FONDUST® in royal icing
FONDUST® is a food colouring that can be used in fondant, almond paste, royal icing, buttercream, cake mix, macarons, decorative gel, candies, sugar creations (during or after baking)… practically everything except pure chocolate.
How to color the royal icing?
- Add a quantity of FONDUST®* dust to your egg whites (or to the water, if you are using meringue powder).
- Mix gently.
- Proceed with your usual recipe.
- When you are done, we recommend that you wipe down your work surface with a dry paper towel as this is a volatile product. You can then clean your work surface as usual. If you use a damp cloth first, it will activate the product and may stain your work surface.
*The amount of dust varies according to the desired colour intensity.
How to color a small amount of royal icing?
- Prepare your favorite royal icing recipe.
- Divide into dishes according to the colors you want to prepare.
- Make a small cavity in your royal icing.
- Add your FONDUST® dust.
- Mix your royal icing.
- Adjust the consistency of your royal icing as needed.
To learn more about other methods of use:
Why choose Roxy & Rich’s FONDUST®:
- Instant coloring
- Does not change the consistency of food unlike gel food colouring
- UV color resistance
- Does not change the taste of food
- Finalist for the Cake Master Award for the best product in 2015
- Golden Tier Award in New York with mention of exceptional product
To find out about all the other advantages:
* Food standards are not the same in all countries, see the product sheet for more information.