The Roxy & Rich Workshops
Do you have any questions about how to use our food colours? No worries!
Our step-by-step workshops will guide you in creating masterpieces, small and big!
How to use FONDUST® with fondant
FONDUST® is a food colouring that can be used in fondant, almond paste, royal icing, buttercream, cake mix, macarons, decorative gel, candies, sugar creations (during or after baking)… practically everything except pure chocolate.
How to colour fondant (sugar paste)?
- Take an amount of fondant and make a ball.
- Make a small cavity and add an amount of FONDUST®. The more dust you use, the darker your colour will be.
- Knead until the dust is well incorporated.
- Adjust the colour as needed.
Tips for colouring with FONDUST®
- Always start with a very small amount of powder and add more powder as you knead to achieve a darker colour. Remember that the colour activates with humidity of kneading.
- To get the darker shade of the chosen colour, use 3g of FONDUST® per kilogram of fondant.
- To colour the fondant a dark colour, make sure it does not contain titanium dioxide. However, if you use a product containing titanium dioxide, you will need more FONDUST® dust to obtain dark colours.
- If your colour is too dark, add some uncoloured fondant.
- When you are done, we recommend that you wipe down your work surface with a dry paper towel as this is a volatile product. You can then clean your work surface as usual. If you use a damp cloth first, it will activate the product and may stain your work surface.
To learn more about other methods of use:
Why choose Roxy & Rich’s FONDUST®:
- Instant colouring
- Does not change the consistency of food unlike gel food colouring
- Does not change the taste of food
- UV colour resistance
- Finalist for the Cake Master Award for the best product in 2015
- Golden Tier Award in New York with mention of exceptional product
To find out about all the other advantages:
* Food standards are not the same in all countries, see the product sheet for more information.