The Roxy & Rich Workshops
Do you have any questions about how to use our food colours? No worries!
Our step-by-step workshops will guide you in creating masterpieces, small and big!
How to use FONDUST® in buttercream
FONDUST® is a food colouring that can be used in fondant, almond paste, royal icing, buttercream, cake mix, macarons, decorative gel, candies, sugar creations (during or after baking)… practically everything except pure chocolate.
How to use it in buttercream?
- Prepare your favorite buttercream recipe.
- Make a small cavity in your buttercream.
- Add your FONDUST® powder*.
- If your recipe does not contain a lot of moisture like the American buttercream, add two or three drops of water and mix gently into the cavity to activate the colour and to prevent the powder from flying off when you will start your blender.
- Mix your buttercream.
- When you are done, we recommend that you wipe down your work surface with a dry paper towel as this is a volatile product. You can then clean your work surface as usual. If you use a damp cloth first, it will activate the product and may stain your work surface.
*The amount of dust varies depending on the buttercream recipe as well as the desired intensity.
To learn more about other methods of use:
Why choose Roxy & Rich’s FONDUST®:
- Instant colouring
- Does not change the consistency of food unlike gel food colouring
- UV colour resistance
- Does not change the taste of food
- Finalist for the Cake Master Award for the best product in 2015
- Golden Tier Award in New York with mention of exceptional product
To find out about all the other advantages:
* Food standards are not the same in all countries, see the product sheet for more information.