The Roxy & Rich Workshops
Do you have any questions about how to use our food colours? No worries!
Our step-by-step workshops will guide you in creating masterpieces, small and big!
How to get neon colours with FONDUST®
FONDUST® is a food colouring that can be used in fondant, almond paste, royal icing, buttercream, cake mix, macarons, decorative gel, candies, sugar creations (during or after baking)… practically everything except pure chocolate.
Our neon colors are 100% edible. You can easily achieve vibrant colors to enhance your cakes.
How to color neon fondant (sugar paste)?
- Take an amount of fondant and make a ball.
- Make a small cavity and add an amount of FONDUST®. The more dust you use, the darker your colour will be.
- Knead until the dust is well incorporated.
- Adjust the color as needed.
Tips for coloring with FONDUST®
- Always start with a very small amount of dust and add more dust as you knead to achieve a darker color. Remember that the color activates with the humidity of kneading.
- If your color is too dark, add some uncolored fondant.
- To get the darker shade of the chosen color, use 3g of FONDUST® per kilogram of fondant.
- To colour the fondant a dark color, make sure it does not contain titanium dioxide. However, if you use a product containing titanium dioxide, you will need more FONDUST® dust to obtain dark colors.
- When you are done, we recommend that you wipe down your work surface with a dry paper towel as this is a volatile product. You can then clean your work surface as usual. If you use a damp cloth first, it will activate the product and may stain your work surface.
To learn more about other methods of use:
Why choose Roxy & Rich’s FONDUST®:
- Instant coloring
- Does not change the consistency of food unlike gel food colouring
- UV color resistance
- Does not change the taste of food
- Finalist for the Cake Master Award for the best product in 2015
- Golden Tier Award in New York with mention of exceptional product
To find out about all the other advantages:
* Food standards are not the same in all countries, see the product sheet for more information.